IELTS Programmes prepare you for all elements of the examination: Reading,
Writing, Listening and Speaking. This includes essay writing, describing and
interpreting graphs and charts and practice in the receptive skills of reading
Social English for everyday life
Focus on spoken communication through discussions, role plays, conversations
and the presentation of ideas. Depending on the level, classes are based on
functional, situational or topical language.
English for work and business
Focus on English for international business communication. Classes include
language for marketing, management, financial services and human resources as
well as spoken English skills for meetings, negotiations and presentations.
There may be visits to companies and financial institutions.
Academic English to Prepare for University
Focus on reading and writing skills for academic study, note-taking and
summarising skills, debating techniques, carrying out research and
Culture, Arts and Media
Develop fluency with language input related to your cultural and artistic
interests, British life and media with activities in and outside the
Add two or more One-to-One lessons at reduced prices for completely
Our Study Centre
The Frances King Study Centre offers you the opportunity for extra
independent study, so you can really benefit from your time at Frances King.
- The Internet, including Wi-Fi.
- A variety of grammar, text and reference materials.
- A large selection of graded readers and ‘talking’ books (readers with
- DVD library of feature films and TV programmes.
- A wide range of listening and pronunciation practice materials.
- A large collection of dictionaries and language reference books.
You can choose from the range of accommodation in our profile, but we
especially recommend the following accommodation if you are taking an IELTS
- Standard Homestays.
- Premium Student Residences: Mansion Chelsea, Nido Notting Hill, Pure
- Bowden Court Budget Half-board Residence.
- Self-Catering Flatshare.
- If you are on a higher budget we can also arrange Premium Homestays,
Studios, Hotels and Apartments.
- Concentrated 4 and 8 week courses to prepare for the IELTS
- Academic English option helps you to gain the language skills for
- We will help you to register for the IELTS Examination during
- Elective classes for business, academic and social English for work, study
and social situations
Monday to Friday
When Monday is a public holiday, courses begin on the following Tuesday:
The examinations take place on the Saturday after the end of the course.
The course book is not included in the course fees but can be purchased from
Frances King for £28.